9.24.2006

A New Found Disappointment

So today I bought a new CD from New Found Glory, one of my favorite bands. I headed to Best Buy at like eleven in the morning and laid down 15 green ones for it. The CD's called Coming Home, but it should be more like Be-Coming Home-os. (Sorry for anyone who took offense to that, but it just fit perfectly there.) New Found Glory was an awesome punk rock band. They had high-pitched energetic lyrics backed by fast, distorted, killer guitar riffs. They've made about 4 CDs of great punk rock music. On this CD the lead singer tried to sing lower pitched, and the guitar parts all suck. It's all pure mainstream, slow, boring and dull rock. The songs sings about stupid love things without any excitment, shouting, or any sort of jumping up and down feeling at all. What the heck is going on here?!?! And I thought I actually wanted to go to a NFG concert in a month. Screw that, besides I think I'm doing Central Stage that night anyway. This just made me so mad, I think I might just through that stupid lame CD out, along with the 15 bucks I just gave to a frickin sell-out band. They were a band who I thought that wouldn't sell out... they turned out like Taking Back Sunday's new album, except worse. What stupidity, two amazing punk bands turned into mainstream rock...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home