10.10.2006

Why Am I So Insane?

I wrote a song to the beat and rhyme scheme of What's My Age Again? by blink-182. (Click to see original lyrics.) And yes contrary to popular belief, blink-182 is lowercase due to a legal dispute when the band was originally created because of some European band name Blink.

Try listening to the song (find it on Napster and stream it for free, unless you have it, which you should) while you read the lyrics. It helps a lot when you can hear the rhythm. Here goes nothing, make sure you know it's only a draft... Oh, and the ( )s are notes for you, not lyrics!

(Verse 1)
I went to shout, “This is a boring fight”

I shoulda known it was a Friday night
They brawled and fought all-out, and even dropped their pants
But then one turned around to pee

(Chorus 1)

And that’s about the time I went on bar fight sprees
Nobody likes you when you’re si-issy (sissy)

And still more amused with video games
What the heck is FPS?
My friends say I should curb my rage
Why am I so insane?
Why am I so insane?

(Verse 2)
Then later on, near my motor home
I jumped a fence into a combat zone
I saw a ton of cops and they put me in jail
For what I’ll probably never know

(Chorus 2)
And that’s about the time I was on Cops TV
Nobody likes a prison detainee
Because you’re always bouncing off the walls
When can I just be let free?
My friends say I should curb my rage
Why am I so insane?
Why am I so insane?

(Chorus 3) (played 2 times in a row)
And that’s about the time I took a little LSD

Nobody likes you when you can barely see
With so many years ahead to do wrong stuff
Why’d I have to pick today?
I guess I’ll try to curb my rage
Why am I so insane?
Why am I so insane?

(after playing chorus 3 twice:)
Why am I so insane?

And no I never did any of that. I just said "LSD" because I had nothing else to rhyme with "me." And me, bar fights? Talk to me after college... hahaha... And I laugh now. The question is will I be laughing later when it's true?

Maybe I'll post an actual MP3 with my voice and guitar on it. Wouldn't that be nifty?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home