12.06.2006

More Snow Stories!

Today, at lunch, at school, in the cold, uh, well, we, umm, WENT SLEDDING!!! It was awesome... senior off campus has never been so good. We had plenty of time, even though it was a late arrival day. Oh boy, I sure felt sorry for the tiny amount of parents that were up at Rotary with us, caring for their like, three year-olds, because we probably scared the heck out of them. "Is that what my kid's gonna turn out when they go to high school?" Hahaha... more like: Whahaha! No, but I actually cared about those kids, and what they thought of us, they were probably scared... I was uber terrified of high schoolers until I was like in 8th grade! I actually bled for this one little kid, we were all going as a train down the hill together and a small child was in the way. He looked pretty scared and I was unsure if he would move, so I pretty much slowed down the whole train a ton by sliding around and swinging to the back. Then I ditched the sled and dug in my knees. Eventually I resorted to my elbows and he got out of the way okay... That snow was pretty much not snow though, it was mostly ice. So later I check out my injuries and was actually excited to learn that I had some cuts on my elbow. It kinda made me proud, in a Matt Swieboda kind of way... the only way that satisfies of course!

1 Comments:

At 12/06/2006 11:12 PM, Blogger John Berry said...

you bleeding for that kid was classic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home